Monday, January 30, 2012

Katelyn's Tooth

A few weeks ago we were eating dinner when Katelyn started complaining about her tooth hurting. Knowing she had a cavity that needed fixed I told her to try chewing on the other side. She informed me that it hurt no matter what side she ate on so I decided to have a look. After she pointed out which one was bothering her I had a thought to give it a little wiggle, revealing that her tooth was loose. This surprised me because for some silly reason I had forgotten that at one point or another her baby teeth would start falling out. Katelyn was excited and I was nervous because I didn't know how to go about getting her tooth out. Ben piped in and said we should just leave it alone and let it work its coarse so we did. So tonight, three weeks later, I wanted to see how loose it was so I gave it a little tug but nothing happened so I left it alone. Later on Katelyn decided that she wanted to give it some tugs so I told her to go in the bathroom and use some toilet paper. Few seconds later I hear a little scream in the bathroom and then her running to show me her tooth. She was thrilled and proud that she had pulled it out herself. We quickly put it in a little container so it wouldn't get lost and now it is under her pillow awaiting the tooth fairy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that she screamed. It's so Katelyn. Precious!

The Brunson Family said...

Oh My Gosh!!!! You updated your blog!!!!! YAY! Your right it is weird to think they are already loosing their baby teeth! They grow up so fast!